Wednesday, December 26, 2007

First Post - Dec 22 2007

Please note that this post is copied and pasted from my original post/Plog at PleoWorld.com.

I posted in the forum earlier today - here is a copy of the post:
Hello folks,
I've had my Pleo for about a week and have run through 2 battery charges with it. I have shared Pleo with my wife, so he has had only adult supervision. Although I have children (2 and 5), we don't let them play with anything that we haven't tested first. I have the following observations and issues at this point.
1 - My Pleo acts very much like a puppy/dog. It pants, wags it's tail, sniffs the ground, etc... Is this something that everyone's Pleo does, or did I just get a special "doggy-Pleo"?
2 - The first battery charge (hatching) went well and both me and my wife really enjoyed watching and interacting with Pleo for that first hour. We pet him, cuddled him, watched him walk around, etc...
3 - The second charge with the battery (last night), I turned Pleo on and his nose went to the floor and just stayed there while he moved his head left and right dragging his nose/mouth on the carpet. I let it go for about a minute or two then turned Pleo off and back on. This seemed to fix it and he raised his head, then acted normal.
4 - I had read a post or two asking and wondering how Pleo would react to a mirror so I decided to grab one of my kids' toy mirrors and put it in front of Pleo. He seemed to just watch himself for a little while, not doing much of anything but moving his head a little this way and that. That lasted about 3 minutes or so, then he backed away from the mirror and started to walk around a little. It was then that my wife noticed that Pleo hadn't made a noise since he started looking at himself in the mirror. We pet him and picked him up, but still no noises. I turned Pleo off and back on, then his noises started again and he seemed fine. Did he mute himself by looking in the mirror?
5 - After we got Pleo making his noises again, my wife gave him his leaf and he happily took it and raised his head to look just about straight up. He turned his head left and right, playing with and chewing on the leaf. He started making a gagging sound so I took the leaf out of his mouth. Although he stopped gagging, he wouldn't put his head back down. He just kept staring at the ceiling and moving his head left and right. After a couple minutes of this, I decided to turn Pleo off and back on again. This seemed to fix the head issue once more ( [3] above was similar with his head down instead of up.).
6 - Shortly after rebooting Pleo for the third time in about 20 minutes, his tail curled down and wouldn't go back up again. He wagged it back and forth, but would not raise his tail at all. I tried turning Pleo off and on a couple times, but no luck. We played with him for another 20 minutes or so until his battery was just about done.
7 - The last thing I did before putting the battery back on the charger was to turn Pleo off and back on again. This time, after his normal initial "huh?" sound, he curled up with his eyes closed and made a new sound like "woowoowoowoowoo" over and over again until I nudged him (is this one of his "sleeping" sounds?). His tail stayed in the curled down position.
8 - After letting the battery charge all night, I decided to grab my camera and take a movie of the tail problem. During the second half of the video, Pleo decides that he just wants to sleep, regardless of the fact that I keep nudging him and petting him. ...and his tail moved to being just about straight out, for a second or two, twice during the video, but it still stays in the curled down position.
9 - I also took a look this morning and the white paint from his teeth is indeed flaking off, as others have posted. I actually made a conscious effort to measure the amount of time anything was in my Pleo's mouth so I could get an idea of how long the paint would last. My wife had her finger in Pleo's mouth for a total of 12 seconds, and Pleo's leaf has spent a total of 4 minutes and 52 seconds in his mouth. That means that the paint will begin flaking within 5 minutes of contact. That's a lot faster than I expected.
UGOBE, please take a look at the video / pictures and let me know if you have any suggestions for the tail issue, plus any other suggestions for the other things in this post.
Here is the video


Here are pictures of the skin wear and the teeth paint wear. The picture of the skin wear is for reference only, as I believe UGOBE has adequately informed the user community of this paint wear.The pictures of the teeth paint wear are to make sure UGOBE sees the issue first hand and will hopefully address it, if not resolve it.



Pleo will come out for his third session tonight, after the kids are in bed. I will post here if there are any significant changes.I haven't seen any other posts about neck/tail issues like this, so maybe I just got a buggy Pleo? It would fit my luck pattern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!