Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Chronicles of Narco - Dec 29 2007 - Color Testing, Round 2

For Narco's 9th battery charge I set up another round of color testing, based on a couple suggestions I have received, as well as a couple posts I have read at the Pleoworld.com forums.
Basically, it was suggested that I try a black background and I read that apparently many Pleos will react a specific way to the supplied Pleo leaf.

Here is the video in YouTube playlist format again:



My conclusion? The same as my first round of testing, unfortunately. My Pleo, Narco, does NOT respond to different COLORS at all. He does indeed respond to having an object placed in front of his face. He will consistently sniff the object and make soft sounds at it. He does these things REGARDLESS of what COLOR the object it.
So I am left to state the following, at least in regards to MY Pleo: Pleo does not have the programming to discern different colors AND react to them differently. I am positive that the hardware is there to detect different colors, but the programming doesn't allow for different reactions based on different colors.

For anyone following the skin wear on Narco, here is a picture of the skin wear at the 9th battery charge:
Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by, and please leave any comments and/or suggestions for future Narco Pleo experiments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see if he was to be on a raised surface, and look off the edge, screech, then backup, would he notice when his back foot was no longer on the surface (would he back off the table, stool etc...)
Thanks, great videos!