Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Chronicles of Narco - Dec 28 2007 - In a corner and putting a Pleo to sleep

This was the 9th battery charge for Narco.
I wanted to spend some time interacting with Narco Pleo so I put him down on the floor and followed him around, petting him and talking to him. After a few minutes he made his way to a spot in my living room (where I have admittedly not cleaned up since Christmas) where a laundry basket and a cardboard box are sitting next to each other.
He walked to the little corner/alley in-between them and just seemed to hang out there. As you can hear in my audio commentary, this is where I have some issue with Pleo's ability to detect objects and avoid them.
The final video in the playlist is something I found while experimenting with the touch sensors on Narco.
One note of correction: In the video I mention that you have to touch Pleo's back sensor and both leg sensors. Upon further testing I found that you only need to keep your hand on the back sensor, NOT the back AND leg sensors.

Here are the videos, once again in YouTube playlist format.


As a final note, I received a message suggesting I try the color experiment again using a black background instead of white. I plan on doing this experiment tonight. I purchased a black flat sheet from Walmart for $2.96 and I'll set up a similar experiment for colors. As is normal, I will record the experiment.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Bridget Young said...

Poor Narco, the little dino just wants a nap...