Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Chronicles of Narco - Jan 1 2008 - Jungle Destruction and Object Recognition

For Narco's 12th battery charge, I decided to let him have some "fun" as well as try a little experiment.
I read in a forum thread on Pleoworld.com where someone asked if Pleo will pick up objects from the floor PURPOSELY instead of accidentally. I have a few paper cutout stand-ups from a Christmas present that I figured would at least offer an opportunity for Narco to put his head down, chomp on something, and pick it up. Well, it didn't work...but it sure was fun watching him rampage over them!
Secondly, I had his leaf sitting in the background so I decided to give another shot to object recognition. I start to mention in the video that I have come to the conclusion that object recognition is definitely NOT in the current LifeOS. My reasoning is that, if it WERE in the current LifeOS, it would take Pleo just a second or two to see it and recognize it, then have some sort of reaction. Considering I've let Narco sit for minutes with his leaf in front of him and had no reaction at all from him, I'd say that seals it for me.

Here's the video from last night:



Here are some more wear pictures too. I received a question asking how the wear on Narco is going and mentioning the side wear from picking up a Pleo. I've taken pictures of the sides to include in this post.
The normal "back" picture I've been including is the first photo.
The second and third are the "side" pictures.
The fourth is something I noticed for the first time while examining Narco - there is a bit of wear right above his left front leg, apparently just from his walking. I'm going to keep an eye on this.













The 5th and 6th pictures are of his rear legs. I've noticed that Narco veers to the right when he walks and I think I've found the cause. His right leg doesn't seem to go as high as his left when walking and this is causing his right foot to rub the floor more than the left. You can see in the pictures that the rubber on the front of the right foot is more worn than the left.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same sort of wear above his leg. I was checking out why he was getting that but apparently he likes that side the most and a skin fold hits that part of the paint. So every time he goes to sleep move or bends down, the paint gets rubbed on big time. My feet are loosing color as well, and one nail is pretty much just cream colored now.

I got some teeth chips too, but waiting on those to get worse before i paint them.

Anonymous said...

i think they're lookin good! I'm only worry for the wears on the eyelids, i love the wear patterns on Pleo Skin! :D