Friday, January 4, 2008

The Chronicles of Narco - Jan 4 2008 - Wrong Turns

For Narco's 15th battery charge, I wanted to demonstrate a behavior I have been watching for a while.
The short of it is: when Narco the Pleo walks into something on his right side, he backs up to the left and walks right back into the same thing instead of backing up to the right and walking to the open left side. The same is true for the opposing side. Essentially this means that when he encounters a wall to his side (either side) while walking, he will back up and turn directly into the wall, usually pushing his nose into it and dragging his face along it.
I believe this behavior is counter-intuitive and demonstrates how Narco is not at all "aware" of his surroundings when it comes to steering away from or around things.
It's hard to describe accurately in words, so check out the video and you'll see what I mean.



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have found the exact same behavior. I noticed it when he finds a corner and gets stuck and I posted this on the forum. This is a program defect. The only difference is I called it backing up to the left, but it was the same as in your video.
Ron